I wish to share some links that helped me to make first steps. Hope they will give you a hand some day.
- Dojo Toolkit: Mailing List Archive – unbeaten words of wisdom
- Dojo Toolkit: Fast Widgets Authoring – widgeting tutorial from the author
- Ajaxian - Dojo Topic – great articles and pieces of code. Specifically the The Dojo Toolkit in Practice article.
- DDQ: Widgeting – really quick widgeting tutorial (note that while it’s still valid for Dojo 3.0.1, the widgeting methods significantly improved since then)
- Brian’s Widget Tutorial – lots of good advices saving ton of time
Oh yes, and just to boast a little, couple of minutes ago I sent a small report where pointed out several miniature mistakes in validation module and SwtWidget code preventing them from loading normally into IE and Safari browsers. FireFox grits its teeth but still eats the scripts; others seem to refuse.